July 12, 2012

10 x 10 Series #4



This Art House Co-op project was called "The Photo Response Project", which, as they explain, "asks artists to perform a visual translation". You had to choose from one of five photographs and respond to it in any visual medium. All the submissions will be exhibited at the Brooklyn Art Library. I chose to do the very first thing that came to mind and simply draw what I had thought of over the picture. I imagined this is what Art House's door step could look like, and I have to say, I'm a little jealous. I miss receiving mail that isn't a bill, flyer, or similar junk. That's one of the reasons I participated in these mini-projects this year. I received lots of surprises and hopefully also made someone somewhere in the world smile when they received my contributions.

No comments: